It is one of the most important and well known Ayurvedic therapies. It consists of 5 procedures aimed at cleaning and rejuvenating the body which is a basic necessity for the maintenance of good health and treatment of any illness. It purifies the body making it more receptive to the benefits of natural Ayurvedic medicines after the detoxification.
Pancha Karma consist of following cleansing aspects:
- VAMAN: Medicated emesis – to remove sticky toxins and creating softness and flexibillity of the body.
- VIRECHAN: Medicated purgation –special medication for complete cleansing of the gastrointestinal tract and bowels.
- BASTI: Medicated enema – medicated oil or decoction of herbs is given to clean the colon and restore the muscle tone, through the anal rout.
- NASYA: Nasal medication for sinuses, eyes, brain.
- RAKTAMOKSHAN: Medicated blood letting through specialized procedures which removes toxins through blood.